Veggie Fried rice:
Most Asian style dishes are not complete without a giant serving of rice, more particularly fried rice. This veggie fried rice recipe will definitely complete your meal and leave you satisfied. Although, you may need to come back for a another serving a few minutes later 😉
Prepping for this veggie fried rice is very simple because you just need to cook 1 cup of dry rice. To do this, just follow the directions in the box or bag. But if you can not find the directions a good rule of thumb is to use 1 cup dry rice and 2 cups of water.
The first step to preparing this veggie fried rice is to heat up a frying pan on medium heat and add a tablespoon of olive. Let this heat up then crack in 2 large eggs. Immediately start scrambling them until there is no liquid left and there are small bite sized chunks. Now add in 2 cups of frozen veggies and let them caramelize until they are just lightly brown.
The next step is to add 2 tablespoons of sesame oil and evenly coat the eggs and veggies. Let the mixture sit for about 1 minute in order to allow the flavor to infuse. Now add in all the cooked rice and mix all the ingredients together. Add in 2 tablespoons of rice wine vinegar and allow it to simmer for a minute.
Finally you need to add the soy sauce into the mixture. In the ingredients I suggest using ¼ cup which is what I used because it won’t give a super strong salty taste. For this reason, I suggest that you taste the veggie fried rice and add more soy sauce to your taste. Another option is to leave it as is then add the soy sauce when it’s plated. This can be very helpful if you’re serving a lot of people with different tastes.
Once you have the desired amount of soy sauce in the veggie fried rice, you can serve it by itself or with any Asian inspired dish 🙂
|Veggie Fried Rice
- 1 cup dried rice
- 2 eggs
- 2 cups frozen veggies (beans, carrots, corn)
- 1 Tbs Olive oil
- 2 Tbs Sesame oil
- 2 Tbs rice vinegar
- ¼ cup soy sauce
- cook 1 cup of dry rice as per the instructions
- in a large frying pan, heat up 1 Tbs of olive oil and scramble the 2 eggs
- add in the frozen veggies and let them slightly caramelized
- pour in 2 Tbs of sesame oil then add in the rice
- add in the 2 Tbs of rice vinegar and ¼ cup soy sauce
- stir frequently until everything is well combined
- taste and add soy sauce to get desired flavor
- Serve with any asian inspired dish or enjoy by itself