Spicy Korean Chicken
Ever in the mood for an easy Asian infused chicken dish that will make your mouth water? This Spicy Korean Chicken dish is the one for you because it has all of those qualities.
The great thing about this recipe is that it really doesn’t require too much prep and there are no hard to find ingredients. The only ingredient that you may have not noticed before is the chili paste, which can be found in the produce section by the herbs.
The prep for this spicy Korean chicken is incredibly simple, all you have to do is slice the chicken into ¼ inch slithers. For reference, a ¼” should be about the size of your pinky nail. After the chicken is cut up, you need to cut the veggies into long slithers
After the chicken and veggies are cut up throw them into a bag or a bowl and add in spices, the vinegar, and the sesame oil. Now mix it all together so that the chicken and veggies are evenly coated.
Finally, let this marinate for 1 to 8 hours (the longer the better)
The key to cooking the Korean chicken is to have a hot pan and don’t clutter the pan with too much chicken. You’ll want to keep about an inch between each piece of chicken so that it gets nice and caramelized.
So on that note, oil the pan with a tablespoon of olive oil and a tablespoon or sesame oil. Get the pan nice and hot and add in the chicken and onion. Cook the chicken until it’s nice and brown on the underside, then flip and brown the other side.
Repeat this until you have cooked all the chicken, while adding oil as necessary.
Serve this with rice and a green veggie. Garnish with green onion and sesame seeds
|Spicy Korean Chicken|| |
- 2.5 lbs chicken
- 1 medium white onion
- 2 green chilli peppers
- 1 4oz tube chilli paste
- 1 tsp red pepper flakes
- 2 cloves garlic
- 4 Tbs rice vinegar
- 1 Tbs sesame oil
- Green onion - for garnish
- Sesame seeds - for garnish
- Slice the chicken into thin strips that are about ¼” to ⅛” thick
- Deseed and chop up the green chilies
- Cut the onion into strips
- Dice the garlic
- Put the onion, chillis, garlic, and chicken into a large mixing bowl
- Add the chilli paste, garlic, red pepper flakes, rice vinegar, and sesame oil
- Mix well so that the chicken and onion is evenly coated
- Let marinate for up to 8 hours in the fridge (this is optional but will definitely help the flavor)
- Heat a large skillet and add 1 Tbs of olive oil and 1 Tbs of sesame oil
- Evenly place the chicken and the onion around the pan and allow to cook throughout
- Serve over rice and garnish with green onions and sesame seeds