Simple Pumpkin Pie
Seriously, you can not mess this one up! In fact this easy pumpkin pie recipe is my go to pie recipe whenever I’m in a pinch. Not to mention that you probably have all the ingredients in your hamper.
In addition to only having a few ingredients the recipe is also very easy to follow because all you have to do is add put the ingredients in a bowl and mix them. Then you put it in the oven until you can place a knife in the center and it comes out clean, which was about 50 minutes.
Personally, I like my pumpkin pie to have a strong pumpkin flavor so the recipe listed below doesn’t have a strong pumpkin spice flavor. To put it another way, if you like a strong cinnamon and and pumpkin spice flavor you should probably add about 1/2 tsp to each of the spices listed below. But that’s for you to decide!
I hope all of you enjoy this as much as I did 🙂
|Simple Pumpkin Pie|| |
- 1 can 15 ounce pumpkin
- 1 can 14 ounce sweetened condensed milk
- 2 eggs
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- ½ Tbs ground ginger
- ½ Tbs ground nutmeg
- ½ Tbs allspice
- 1 9 in pie crust
- Preheat oven to 425 degrees F. Whisk pumpkin, sweetened condensed milk, eggs, spices in medium bowl until smooth. Pour into crust. Bake 15 minutes.
- Reduce oven temperature to 350 degrees F and continue baking 35 to 40 minutes or until knife inserted into the pie comes out clean.
- Wait till cooled then top with cool whip or whipped cream