Ranch Chicken Tacos
Who doesn’t love a good taco? The answer to this simple question is “no one”. Tacos are easy to make, taste delicious, and all things considered not too bad for you (depending on the toppings. The only thing wrong with them is they can get boring, but with this ranch chicken taco recipe you can spice them up a bit.
For this recipe i highly recommend a pan that can handle 400 degrees in the oven. Using the right pan is easier and has less clean up after.
As you may have guessed, you need to preheat your oven to 400 degrees.
On the stove top, heat a large skillet and add in 1 tablespoon of butter to the pan. Allow the butter to melt and start simmering lightly.
Once the butter is melted and simmering, add in the 3 lbs of chicken thigh. Chicken thigh will work too, it’s a little healthier but tends to be a little more dry.
Sprinkle half a pack of taco seasoning and half a pack of ranch seasoning to the top of the chicken. Allow the chicken to simmer for a few minutes until the underside is golden brown. Now flip the chicken and sprinkle the remaining seasoning on top. Let the chicken simmer for a few more minutes then poor 1 cup of chicken broth on top and simmer for an additional 2 minutes.
Put the oven safe pan into the bake until the chicken is fully cooked, about 20 minutes. Once the chicken is fully cooked, remove from the oven and shred in the pan. Let the chicken cook for an additional 5 mins and you are ready to make some Ranch Chicken Tacos!
This is where you get to be creative, or you can just follow what I did to make these ranch chicken tacos.
The first step is to heat the taco shells of wraps by following the directions on the package. Once, the taco shells are warmed, you can add in the ranch chicken taco meat, then the ranch dressing, followed by the salsa, and finally the lettuce. And that is really all there is to it.
|Ranch Chicken Tacos|| |
- 3 lbs Boneless, Skinless, Chicken Thighs
- 1 Tbs butter
- 1 Tbs olive oil
- 1 pack ranch seasoning
- 1 pack taco seasoning
- 1 cup chicken broth
- Taco shells
- Ranch dressing
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees
- Heat up a large skillet (oven safe to 400 degrees) and melt 1 Tbs of butter
- Add all of the chicken thighs into the hot skillet
- Take ½ of the ranch and ½ of the taco seasoning packets and sprinkle over the chicken
- Allow the chicken to simmer until the undersides start to get crispy then flip them
- Sprinkle the remaining seasoning on top of the chicken
- Allow the chicken to simmer for about 3 minutes then add in 1 cup of chicken broth
- Allow to simmer for an additional 2 mins
- Take pan and put in the oven for 20 minutes
- Once the chicken is fully cooked, remove from the oven and shred the chicken in the pan
- Allow to simmer for an additional 5 mins
- Time to make your tacos!
- Add the chicken to the bottom and all the ingredients that you like on your tacos 🙂