Mashed Sweet Potatoes!
I know it may be sacrilege and all, but I have to say that I like sweet potatoes more than normal potatoes. Not to mention sweet potatoes don’t have to be covered with cheese, butter, or sour cream to be delicious.
As for this recipe, it’s just as easy to make, doesn’t need as much butter, and the honey really helps give it the perfect sweetness.
To make this delicious recipe you first have to peel the potatoes and put them in boiling water. In contrast to what the images show, I recommend dicing the sweet potatoes into 1-2 inch cubes because it will help them cook much quicker.
Once, you can easily stick a fork through the potatoes they are fully cooked and can then be drained from the water. Next put them in a bowl with the 1/2 cup of butter (1 stick), 2 tablespoons of honey, cinnamon, and salt. When you have all the ingredients in the bowl use a masher and combine all of the ingredients until smooth (if you don’t have a masher a fork will work just fine, but it will take much longer)
I hope you try this out and let me know what you think!!
|Mashed Sweet Potatoes|| |
- 4 large sweet potatoes peeled
- ½ cup butter
- 2 Tablespoons honey
- ½ Tablespoon cinnamon
- ¼ teaspoon salt (to taste)
- Peel sweet potatoes
- Bring bring the water to a boil and place in potatoes
- Boil until soft and a fork is easily inserted into the middle of the potatoes
- Drain the water from the mashed potatoes
- In a large bowl, mash together the potatoes, honey, butter, cinnamon, and salt
- Allow to cool. Enjoy