Chicken, broccoli, Alfredo Lasagna
I made this recipe because I love lasagna and I love fettuccine alfredo with broccoli. So I figured why not combine them and make a Chicken, broccoli, Alfredo lasagna. And for this adventure I even made my own alfredo because it’s so easy.
The first step is to oil up a nice glass baking dish and place the chicken and chopped broccoli in it. Season both sides of the Chicken with some salt and pepper. Then squeeze half a lemon on top of the broccoli and drizzle with olive oil. Place this in the oven at 375 for 30 mins.
While the chicken and broccoli is cooking up we can start making the alfredo sauce. In a large sauce pan melt the butter and add the diced garlic to the center of the pan. Let this simmer for 2-3 minutes to allow the garlic to add flavor to the butter. Now for the best part of alfredo sauce: The cheese! Add in 3 cup of freshly grated Parmesan cheese. I HIGHLY suggest you buy a block of cheese and grate it as fine as possible. I found that the fine grate melts much easier and results in a smoother Alfredo. Add the cheese to the butter and cream mixture and let it simmer for a few minute
s. Add salt and pepper to taste.
Finishing the Prep:
I made the mistake of starting to cook the noodles too early and they ended up sticking together. So I suggest you start boiling your water when there’s about 10 minutes left for the chicken and broccoli. Once the water starts boiling add in a pinch of salt and a tablespoon of olive oil, stir, then add in the noodles.
When the veggies and chicken are finished take them out of the oven and shred the chicken,
Putting it all Together:
At this point all you have to do is assemble the lasagna. Set aside about ¼ of the mozzarella. In a large glass baking dish (I used the same one that i used for the chicken and broccoli) add a layer of lasagna noodles followed by some chicken, broccoli, ricotta, mozzarella, and then some alfredo. Next repeat this process starting with the layer of noodles. Once you’re through all of the lasagna noodles, use up whatever ingredients you have left and sprinkle the mozzarella evenly on the top.
Place in the oven at 400 degrees for 40 mins.
Let cool and enjoy 🙂
|Chicken Broccoli Alfredo Lasagna|| |
- 1.5 lb broccoli
- 1.5 lbs chicken breast
- ½ lemon (freshly squeezed)
- 1 lb lasagna noodles
- 1 lb mozzarella
- 16 oz ricotta
- Preheat oven to 375F
- Bring a large pot of water to a boil and cook the lasagna
- In a large baking dish, place the chicken breast and broccoli
- Lightly season the broccoli and chicken with salt and pepper
- Squeeze half a lemon over the broccoli
- Bake at 375F for 30 minutes
- Allow to cool to the touch then shred the chicken into small pieces
- Preheat oven to 400F
- Butter the bottom and walls of a large baking dish, then place 1 layer of lasagna noodles on the bottom
- Add a light layer of Alfredo, chicken, broccoli, mozzarella, and ricotta
- Add another layer of the noodles and repeat and add all of the fillings on top
- Repeat the previous 2 steps until you run out of noodles
- Top the lasagna off with any remaining mozzarella
- Bake lasagna at 400F for 40 minutes
- Allow to cool and serve and salt and pepper as desired 🙂