Buffalo Chicken Pasta
I made this buffalo chicken pasta the other day and brought the leftovers into work. At least 10 coworkers asked me for the recipe and made it by the next week. Everyone of them have said how much they love it and that they’re going to make it again. This is one of my favorite recipes and also a favorite of everyone I’ve given the recipe to. Try out this buffalo chicken pasta and let me know what you think 🙂
The first step is to cook the chicken and you have a few options here:
- Bake and then shred: take the chicken breasts and bake them at 350 for 40 mins. Then take them out of the oven and let them cool. The final step is to shred them into smaller pieces.
- Cut or dice the chicken then saute: cut the chicken into bite sized chunks the saute them in a little bit of olive oil. When doing this be sure to not crowd the pan because the pieces can become chewy
- By canned chicken: totally not my preference, but it’s definitely an option
Once your chicken is cooked and set aside, you can start the pasta. Pick any pasta that you would like and boil it with salt and olive oil until its al dente.
The Secret Buffalo Sauce:
While the pasta is cooking we can start making the buffalo sauce. The first step to make the buffalo sauce is to get a large frying pan and add into it the hot sauce, milk, onion, garlic, and red pepper flakes. Bring this to a light simmer then add in the cream cheese and mix it until it’s smooth. Once the sauce is smooth, add in the the mozzarella cheese and mix this until it’s smooth. And bring it to a light simmer
Mixing it together:
Mixing it together is the easiest part and also the most rewarding because you get to see your creation come to life. The first step is to make sure that your pasta is thoroughly drained. Then you need to mix the noodles and the chicken into the buffalo sauce.
Make sure that the chicken and the noodles are all evenly coated. Now add the remainder of the mozzarella cheese to the top. Let this simmer for a couple minutes and let the cheese melt.
Scoop this into a big bowl and garnish with blue cheese and red pepper flakes.
|Buffalo Chicken Pasta|| |
- 1.5 pounds of chicken
- 1 box of pasta (bowtie) -cooked (12-16oz)
- 4 oz of cream cheese
- 8 oz of mozzarella cheese
- ½ cup franks red hot
- ½ cup milk
- 1 tsp garlic powder
- 1 tsp onion powder
- 1 tsp red pepper flakes
- Crumbled blue cheese
- Preheat oven to 350
- Place chicken on baking sheet and cook for ~45 minutes
- In a large frying pan, add hot sauce, milk, onion, garlic, and red pepper flakes
- Bring to a simmer
- Add in cream cheese and mix until smooth
- Add in ¾’s of the mozzarella cheese then mix until smooth
- Shred the chicken and mix it into the hot sauce mixture
- Once the chickens evenly coated, add in the pasta and mix until evenly coated
- Bring pasta to a light simmer and top with extra mozzarella and bleu cheese crumbles
- Cover for 5 mins until cheese is melted on top